Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon?
Pim,

I think I may have worked out why that guy couldn't get his "Devialet RAAT" zone to work.

I thought that he would need 2 Devialets in order to have the 2 zones he named as Devialet AIR and Devialet RAAT but if he only has one Devialet then I think he's enabled both ethernet and wifi inputs on the Devialet. Some time after I got my amp back with the CI board installed I tried a comparison between ethernet and wifi since I'd never had much success with wifi before the upgrade and had settled on ethernet for that reason. I found that I couldn't get wifi to work at all with the Devialet actually connected by ethernet at the same time but I could get it to work if I unplugged the ethernet cable. I wonder whether he's renamed his ethernet connection as "Devialet AIR" and the wifi connection as "Devialet RAAT". I think one of the changes with either the CI board or the new OS/firmware for it is that if you have both ethernet and wifi connections active the Devialet now defaults to ethernet and doesn't accept the wifi connection. I've got a couple of home theatre devices that work that way, you can connect via wifi if there is no ethernet connection but the moment you have an active ethernet connection the wifi option becomes inoperative.

We'd probably be able to tell what's going on and why he can't get that zone to work if he'd shown us his Audio Settings screen but without that it's all down to guessing.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon? - by Pim - 28-Jan-2019, 03:56
RE: Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon? - by David A - 28-Jan-2019, 20:44