Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables
(08-Feb-2019, 00:41)Pim Wrote: No need for specs. When I got my D200, I paused the music and turned the volume all the way up. It was 1 in the morning so the noise in the house was minimal. I couldn't hear one but of hiss from the tweeter. 

I just did the same with the Od'A and got the same result. It's day time here now so the background noise is higher.

I gotta agree totally with you ... Volume UP all the way to 0.0 dB and my ear cannot detect any hiss off the tweeter. Thereafter, pulled out my SPL meter with its lowest range being 32~80 dB (A-weighing or C-weighing) and that didn't register anything on the meter either when held 1/2 inch from the tweeter .. so that means the Devialets are quieter than 30 dB. My speakers are 91 dB sensitivity.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables - by audio_engr - 08-Feb-2019, 03:15