Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables
(08-Feb-2019, 03:15)audio_engr Wrote:
(08-Feb-2019, 00:41)Pim Wrote: No need for specs. When I got my D200, I paused the music and turned the volume all the way up. It was 1 in the morning so the noise in the house was minimal. I couldn't hear one but of hiss from the tweeter. 

I just did the same with the Od'A and got the same result. It's day time here now so the background noise is higher.

I gotta agree totally with you ... Volume UP all the way to 0.0 dB and my ear cannot detect any hiss off the tweeter. Thereafter, pulled out my SPL meter with its lowest range being 32~80 dB (A-weighing or C-weighing) and that didn't register anything on the meter either when held 1/2 inch from the tweeter .. so that means the Devialets are quieter than 30 dB. My speakers are 91 dB sensitivity.

I didn't think of this when I first posted but I think there might be a catch here. The Expert uses a digital volume control. Unlike analog volume control, which is basically a controllable resistor with the amplifier at full blast in front of it, I don't know where the digital volume control sits. Could it be part of the whole DSP system? In that case it's quite possible the amps just don't get any input or are not even turned on when there's no input from a source.

If anyone has more information on this, please let us know. We might have to open a different thread for this though.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AQ Mythical Creature series speaker cables - by Pim - 08-Feb-2019, 03:43