Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General thoughts, cost/benefit of Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+
I've never had a problem with Roon using ethernet from my server to my Devialet. That has worked flawlessly. I routinely stream DSD64 that way using Roon AIR but if I go to Devialet's site and l look at what they say about feeding DSD to the Devialet, they say that they don't recommend you use Devalet's AIR protocol for DSD because it can be unreliable. If ethernet was going to be a problem with Roon, I would expect DSD to show that problem up and it hasn't.

I have had problems with control. I control Roon from an iPad which communicates with my network over wifi. When I have problems they're wifi problem and I lose control but if I'm playing a record and there's tracks in the queue, the music keeps playing, Roon keeps streaming the data. Ethernet isn't where my problems occur, it's with the wifi connection from my iPad to the network.

You say ethernet via Roon is a "stuttering mess" but nothing else. If you want help or advice you have to tell us what's actually going wrong and saying it's a "stuttering mess" tells us nothing about what's going wrong. How are things connected (describe the wired connections and any wifi connections in the network path). When do the problems occur (during music playback, while you're performing control operations, when background operations are happening on your server and/or computer) and how do they manifest,and so on. Simply saying it's a "stuttering mess via Roon" gives us no information at all which would enable anyone to identify what the problems may be or come up with any suggestions which could help you.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts, cost/benefit of Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+ - by David A - 12-Feb-2019, 10:07