Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General thoughts, cost/benefit of Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+
(16-Feb-2019, 16:44)Axel Wrote:
(16-Feb-2019, 15:33)awkaplan Wrote: So I built the NUC running ROCK—very turnkey, had some issues getting the RAM seated properly but smooth otherwise.  Went for an 8th-gen i3.  Totally silent. 

As predicted, it took a major load off of my wireless network. Experiencing zero dropouts or aberrations now with the Devislet connected wirelessly over 5ghz.  I have the radio set aside exclusively for the Devialet.  The soundstage feels slightly less holographic.  It’s been suggested that I upgrade my ethernet cable—any suggestions?  I was told to get the Wireworld Starlight, but I don’t know how much of a difference it will make plugged into my modem/router.  Perhaps it just needs some time to burn in.  Any thoughts?

Supra Cat8 have a good reputation. I use them myself and think they offer very good value for money. 
You can get them here if you’re in the U.K.  
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/brands-cate...les#page=1

I’m going to see if I can do a lend of the cable before I buy.  Monoprice makes an inexpensive and well-shielded CAT8 I may try.  Not sure where to buy Supra in the US.  Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: General thoughts, cost/benefit of Roon Nucleus and Nucleus+ - by awkaplan - 16-Feb-2019, 21:05