Poll: Do you prefer Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon Integrated AIR
23.08%
30 23.08%
Roon RAAT
34.62%
45 34.62%
They sound the same
16.92%
22 16.92%
Not sure, they sound similar, maybe depends on what music I am listening to.
13.08%
17 13.08%
I realy can't be bothered to A/B test
12.31%
16 12.31%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
(19-Feb-2019, 15:32)douglas Wrote:
(19-Feb-2019, 14:09)NickB Wrote:
(19-Feb-2019, 12:44)douglas Wrote: Air without a doubt,  more natural sounding than Roon, improved boogie factor compared to Roon.  In my set-up after the firmware update, the sound is perfect via AIR.

You seem to be in a minority of 0 in this poll Big Grin
Cool  When I downloaded the firmware, I listened for a while with AIR and I was blown away by the sound. Then I jumped onto the Roon bandwagon, and immediately heard a wider and higher soundstage, I mean who does not like a wider soundstage, but I just could not listen for long periods, and the music was simply not involving.  There was a slight sheen in the mids that was not natural. I actually thought something else was going on, like poor electricity. 

After about 3 days I switched back to AIR and immediate the magic was back, my foot started tapping, it was uncanny. The soundstage was narrower, and lower, but deeper and more layered.  The presentation was far more natural via AIR and the bass was also more detailed and defined. I won't switch back to Roon Ready unless there's an update.
My Strads don't lie  Big Grin
220 Pro/CI, Well Tempered Versalex/Kiseki PurpleHeart, QNAP HS 251+ NAS/Roon, Furutech e-TP86 power distributor, Audoquest NRG10 Power Cable, Furutech Flux-50 filter, Furutect Powerflux Power Cable, Furutech Speakerflux Speaker Cables, Sonus Faber Stradivari. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR - by douglas - 19-Feb-2019, 16:00