Poll: Do you prefer Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon Integrated AIR
23.08%
30 23.08%
Roon RAAT
34.62%
45 34.62%
They sound the same
16.92%
22 16.92%
Not sure, they sound similar, maybe depends on what music I am listening to.
13.08%
17 13.08%
I realy can't be bothered to A/B test
12.31%
16 12.31%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
I'm glad to see those who thing AIR is better starting to vote. We need them to vote so we can have a reasonable idea of the numbers for AIR and the numbers for RAAT as a percentage of the whole but in the end it comes down to personal taste and there are no rights or wrongs in personal taste.

@Pim Pim said in an early response that it might be useful if people stated their source but I think it's useful if people state their whole system because lots of things can affect sound quality. It might be interesting to make all sorts of different correlations but one stood out for me after the last posts by @douglas and @BoyScout. Both have voted for AIR and both are using Sonus Faber speakers. I checked back over the rest of the thread and no one else is using Sonus Fabers. That may indicate that speaker choice can influence which option is preferred.

It also may not. We've got 51 votes and only 8 of us, if I've counted correctly, have listed our speakers. That means there's 43 votes for which we have no speaker information and while it's tempting to look at the data we have and draw a conclusion like "Sonus Faber owners prefer AIR" it's possible that isn't the case and a large number of the 43 people for whom we have no speaker information could prefer Sonus Faber which would totally invalidate that conclusion. It would be nice to have a lot more info so we could see whether there really are any correlations between system choices and RAAT/AIR preference.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR - by David A - 21-Feb-2019, 00:43