Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound comparison Devialet Roon input vica Devialet with separate streamer with Roon
(21-Feb-2019, 13:52)Toca Wrote: My QNAP is the HS-251, powered by dual-core Intel Celeron 2.41GHz processor and 2GB RAM. Roon recomends minimum 4GB and Intel i3 processor. So my solution is quite under par. But this is just a temorary NAS set up, just for trying out the Roon solution. My NAS set up might be that this is the reason for not preforming soundwise as good as the streamer solution

But what I have read this ROON spesification only relates to the speed and avalability to run a big liberary.

I am very qurious to hear from other Devialet owners regarding your experience regarding this matter

Otherwise, how does ROON run generally for you?  A more robust, external core might improve performance in areas other than SQ, as you have read, but perhaps adding a LPS/low-noise-powered NUC could match the performance of the Aries.  The power feeding your switch might influence the SQ as well.  That said, you have a ROON endpoint that is designed to warrant a purchase—besides certain functionality, it'll have a signature that some prefer.  I just threw my wireless router on an ultra-low-noise PS tonight and found it made a difference, as optimized WiFi direct to the Devialet is my most practical solution right now.  I've been monitoring the performance/traffic between the Devialet and my router via Wireshark, and the data lines up with what I'm hearing—it's good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound comparison Devialet Roon input vica Devialet with separate streamer with Roon - by awkaplan - 22-Feb-2019, 10:53