Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archimago’s blind test - Do digital audio players sound different?
(18-May-2019, 13:00)Confused Wrote: [...]
All of this does provide food for thought though, as an example, the two devices I liked best were using minimum phase filters, the two devices I like least were using linear phase filters.  Does this relate to my HF listening observations?  Maybe, or maybe I am putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5, again a case of it not being possible to prove the correlation between cause and effect.  As an example, the Sony was also worst performer for jitter, so I expect that there are multiple effects working together  Although the LP / MP filter aspect is something I can easily investigate further, especially now the new HQPlayer 4 has additional minimum and linear phase filter options.  
[...]

If you like MQA encoded music, then you might have preference for minimum phase filters. Though, i will like to hear what you think about the filters after trying them one by one with the same musing in HQPlayer.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B

Messages In This Thread
RE: Archimago’s blind test - Do digital audio players sound different? - by maxijazz - 18-May-2019, 13:53