Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
(24-Mar-2019, 10:42)Confused Wrote: Looking at the Opus 51 website, they have never reviewed any Devialet product, let alone a 220Pro. 

Actually, the site did a review on a Devialet Expert 200 (here) and perhaps (unfairly) extrapolated that to a 220Pro.

You raise a good point about a hifi store doing reviews.  One could assume that a store might review in favor of its products and dismiss those manufacturers that it does not carry.  On the other hand, after reading the reviews on the Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 and the Devialet 200, I sense (rightly or wrongly) an objectivity without totally extolling the virtues of one product and totally diminishing the other product.  What's rather surprising is that a hifi store would go to such lengths to provide more than just cursory reviews.

I also try to read as many professional and user reviews as possible to get a coherent picture, so this is just one data point.

I have really loved my Devialet 200 but am reluctant to pony up the money for a Pro version without investigating other options.

Finally, thanks for pointing out what I didn't know about Opus 51; that will certain enter into my final equation.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by Flashman - 24-Mar-2019, 14:18