Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
(24-Mar-2019, 14:56)Confused Wrote:
(24-Mar-2019, 14:18)Flashman Wrote:
(24-Mar-2019, 10:42)Confused Wrote: Looking at the Opus 51 website, they have never reviewed any Devialet product, let alone a 220Pro. 

Actually, the site did a review on a Devialet Expert 200 (here) and perhaps (unfairly) extrapolated that to a 220Pro.

You raise a good point about a hifi store doing reviews.  One could assume that a store might review in favor of its products and dismiss those manufacturers that it does not carry.  On the other hand, after reading the reviews on the Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 and the Devialet 200, I sense (rightly or wrongly) an objectivity without totally extolling the virtues of one product and totally diminishing the other product.  What's rather surprising is that a hifi store would go to such lengths to provide more than just cursory reviews.

I also try to read as many professional and user reviews as possible to get a coherent picture, so this is just one data point.

I have really loved my Devialet 200 but am reluctant to pony up the money for a Pro version without investigating other options.

Finally, thanks for pointing out what I didn't know about Opus 51; that will certain enter into my final equation.

Yes, my apologies, there is indeed a Devialet 200 review there, and you can pick it up in the website's search function.  What tricked me was that Devialet are (deliberately?) not listed in the website's "Tests par marques" menu.  It's an old cliche I know, but it's always best to listen for yourself if you can.  It's not always easy, or indeed possible though.
Yup, I'd like to have an in-home test of the Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 but where I live, Charleston, S.C., it just isn't possible.  Well, I'm not jumping the Devialet ship just yet!  Thanks for your comments.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by Flashman - 24-Mar-2019, 15:02