Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
(22-Apr-2019, 23:13)M_M Wrote: There has been a review of both Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 and Devialet Expert 140 Pro in one of recent issues of "AUDIO" - largest Polish hi-fi magazine. Both models were considered quite similar in their style - very natural and neutral in good meaning of this word.

Thanks for the post.  I had actually read both reviews.  I ended up purchasing a Lyngdorf TDAi-3400.  There is no doubt that my Devialet 200 (non-Pro) had a better grip on the bass from my SAM-enabled Vivid Oval 1.5 speakers.  In addition, I sensed a great dynamic sound from the Devialet.  As for the Lyngdorf, especially with its room correction enabled, I sense a better mid-range and focused listening from the sweet spot, and an overall smoother listening experience.  Some may take that smoother comment as a reduction of detail but for me it's just a more relaxed character to the amp.  On some tracks, I miss the Devialet.  On some tracks, I enjoy the Lyngdorf more.  In sum, they are just different animals.  As I did not have the Pro version of the Devialet, I am enjoying Roon Ready, Spotify Connect and a plethora of Internet radio stations on the Lyngdorf, in addition to its many different "voicings," such as "music," "bass 1," "bass 2," "relaxed," etc.  In that sense, it's a bit easier to play around with digital modifications to the music compared to Roon, which, by the way, I love.  Anyway, those are my thoughts at the moment.  I still am exploring the Lyngdorf.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by Flashman - 23-Apr-2019, 14:10