Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
(23-Apr-2019, 16:38)Womaz Wrote: An interesting thread for me as I may be considering moving away from Devialet too. I also have the 200 and fear that the support and upgrades will just stop . Although for me it still sounds amazing
I have been reading a lot about 4 possible replacements , but at various price points. The 3400 is one of them. It is a lovely looking piece of kit .
The others are the Naim Uniti Nova, the Hegel 590 and the Ayre EX8.
The Hegel is the one I would love to go for if I make the plunge.
Thanks for sharing your impressions

Interestingly, the integrated amps that you are looking were on my list, too, until I made the plunge for the Lyngdorf TDAi-3400.  I decided to leave the Devialet camp (though one day I might return Undecided ) for two basic reasons: 1) I was disappointed (perhaps unreasonably so) that Devialet wouldn't continue to provide complimentary upgrades to the original Expert series and, further, considered the tariff to do so too high) and 2) I wanted more flexibility with my amp and set-up, particularly room correction.  Knowing that Peter Lyngdorf was one of the pioneers behind the famed Millennium amplifier and that he and his company had worked on digital amps for a long time, and that the company's room correction is not only highly regarded but dead simple to implement, I scratched my itch.  I was lucky to find a second-hand unit from someone who have moved from a D200 to the Lyngdorf but then decided he wanted to go to a tube set up.  I've given my impressions on the Lyngdorf but still have some critical listening ahead of me.  I really liked my time with the D200 and never had one single problem with the amp.  I also believe the SAM functionality is terrific: first on my Atohm GT1s and then my Vivid Oval 1.5s.  Anyway, Womaz, good hunting!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by Flashman - 23-Apr-2019, 22:42