Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro
I'm considering to leave Devialet behind, mainly because I am sick of their support and for Devialet breaking their promise to keep on delivering updates to the Expert series. I own a D800 and seven weeks ago the companion unit suddenly started to smell burned. After I contacted support it took Devialet nearly three weeks to confirm, that this is a warranty case, and four weeks to send me an empty box for shipping. Finally, they sent me a box with a wrong soft inlay; it was for a 200/220 and did not fit my 250. Communication with the support is a little bit frustrating, to say the least: they seem to read emails not very carefully and often answer questions only, if you ask them twice. Taking into account, that I already spent more than 20k EUR for products of this company, I am not happy with the support at all.
I thought about upgrading to D1000, but to be honest, why should I throw 8k EUR to them?

Yes, I still like the sound quality. But against this background I am starting to check alternatives.
As a consequence I am going to audition a Hegel H590 in direct comparison to a Devialet 440 pro, just to see if I like the sound signature of the Hegel and how it compares to the - very pure - Devialet sound. I am really curious ...
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 vs. Devialet Expert 220 Pro - by mobaer - 25-Apr-2019, 19:41