Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code?
Hello @Out of Gum
Welcome to the forum and the interesting joys of Devialet ownership.

I too started with a D120, which I absolutely loved. I also upgraded and was amazed at the degree of difference the D220 Pro, then CI, brought to my system. Changes I never expected.

I am about as far from an expert - on the expert- as one can get, but I think that one issue here regarding the upgrade is that the factory Expert > Pro upgrade may not be in place any more? Or if so, it is no longer handled by dealers. Devialet seems to be in the middle of changing its distribution system so that may be a factor here. Dealer codes may all be ineffective. It would not be a surprise if Devialet has not updated their website. Others will give you better advice, I'm sure.

When I was debating the upgrade, my dealer was charging about $1,000.00 more for the upgrade than I paid by using the Devialet website and paying in Euro. That annoyed the crap out of me. 

One other thing that comes to mind is that originally, the early upgrade included the subsequent CI board installation. My memory is that only the first round of upgrades included the free CI phase; later Expert > Pro upgrades would have the CI board as an extra cost option. I wonder if selling the D120 and buying a second hand D220 Pro CI would be less expensive? Just a thought.

I'm personally bewildered by what I've spend on audio since I started with Devialet (and not just on the amp, not at all); at say, $25,000.00 I'm in the junior league compared to many. But the Pro CI amps are really superb, and I am impressed with it still, every time I turn it on.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: upgrade program - why would i need a dealer code? - by Damon - 28-Mar-2019, 17:59