Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
I thank all of you for the time and answers to my post. It was not my intention to diminish devialet in any way. I do love it and I want to continue loving it. 

As many of us I do have lots of audiophile test recordings and I did not get realistic live present vocals/voices on any of them. Somehow, the instruments sound more real and present, like drums, guitars, but not vocals. 
My friend’s comments were about amps with digital processing, he said he jumped on this technology as soon as it got available and experimented in his active speakers using different modules that were coming to the market. He said the technology made the speakers much cheaper and way less labor intensive, but he just could not make the sound live or realistic to his standard. He builds the speakers to sound on very high standard and a price accordingly. So he said he had to go back to manually make coils, buy expensive caps for crossovers and so on.

Anyway, my intention here was to ask you, and maybe confirm or discard his thesis. If you guys say to me that you can get a sense of live and realistic vocals from your devialet systems, then I need to experiment more.

@"David 
Thank you a lot for trying to help. I’m aware of the room effect on the sound and tried to play with some treatment. My room is 6,5* 3,5 meters, the ceiling is 3 meters, the speakers are next to the long wall. On the ceiling I have 3 sq m absorbing panels. Behind my head 1sq meter absorption panel. I sit about 2meters away from the speakers. I have 2 loose absorption panels 180*90 that I can place anywhere and I did try placing them behind the speakers, first reflections, floor and so on. Yes I do get more clear sound, better image, but still the vocals do not sound live or present to me. 

Now, I’m thinking borrowing the whole set of electronics to test just in caseSmile, If I will get the realistic present vocals in my room. I still love my devialet
[img=21x21]file:////Users/admin/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/TemporaryItems/msohtmlclip/clip_image001.gif[/img]
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 05-Apr-2019, 06:01