Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
Alve, I think your friend may have been referring to class D (since you also mention active speakers and certain modules he used) or DSP crossovers where you mention digital processing. Class D in a way could be viewed as ‘digital’ but it’s not perse. Devialet uses class A/class D hybrid (not in series) amplification (ADH) with the DAC being the direct input of the ADH stage. If you or your friend likes to learn more about ADH which again is not class D or class A followed by class D (they work in tandem) there’s some whitepapers about the technology which is Devialet proprietary. You can easily find them using Google.

And to answer your question I too feel I can reproduce a very live and engaging reproduction in my system but I agree with others who mentioned the Devialets are very transparant to everything including the recording. Besides the room, speakers, speaker setup, and power supply the source is equally important (a MAC Mini in your case? Get rid of it! Smile). Also none of us have heard your friends system.

It is very much of a hassle but you could try to get his or parts of his system in your room to check whether it’s the Devialet is “at fault” or put your Devialet in his system. Of course, everything does sound different/different brands of devices do have different characters and you may like the presentation of one device more over another.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Antoine - 05-Apr-2019, 12:22