Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
(05-Apr-2019, 10:00)ogs Wrote: The much liked Expert firmware 7.3 had a bit more of "in the room" presentation of some recordings.  I ended up liking the 10.1.0 better as it was less coloured, but it was not quite as holographic as 7.3. That aligns with f1eng's view that colouration is part of the puzzle here.
None of these old versions can be used with the CI however so this is a moot point really. I find current CI firmware to sound more like 10.1.0 than 7.3. The CI clearly sounds better to me than the old, but I wish for a firmware that has better imaging ("in the room" and holographic is part of the imaging thing). So the Expert amps does sound "live" in my system, but there is some room for improvement.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I’m not saying dev does not sound good, it does. Just that when you can clearly hear a voice “in the room” that makes my hair riseWink and now this feeling is not as I would like it to have.
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 05-Apr-2019, 13:43