Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
Quote:do you wholeheartedly can say, that when you listen to your system you get the feeling of the artist's presence in the room, that the music feels "alive" like real

I basically agree with what Jean-Marie wrote: our systems are just last part of a long chain starting at eg. microphone. Most of that chain is completely out of our control, so the best any system can offer is to deal with the "last mile" as good as possible: the more high-fidelity the system is, the more accurately it will reproduce the recording of an artist's performance, rather than the artist's performance itself.

Let me quote Archimago (whose blog btw. I wholeheartedly recommend to every audiophile as a vaccination against overwhelming amount of voodoo taking over our hobby):
"Whether the final recording sounds like it has a wide soundstage, allows pin-point placement, sounds diffuse, or is presented as a "wall of sound" was to a large extent decided in the process of the audio recording and production long before you and I got to hear it on our systems."
http://archimago.blogspot.com/2019/04/mu...ns-on.html

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by M_M - 07-Apr-2019, 22:30