Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Devialet produce "alive" music?
I agree with both David and Damon, one cannot retrieve anything realistic from a bad recording, just like cannot through a poor, not well tuned system. Moving my speakers just 5cm forward or sideways, makes huge difference in imaging and tonal balance. Lucky for us there is a number of good records, and I just would love to get them sing through my system. 

On the other note I went to a dealer to hear my d220 with sonus Faber Amati. It should be a very good match according to the dealer. Overall, the sound  was huge, monster sound stage, beautiful imaging and, a wow effect. However, the vocals did not seem live, just like in my system. Ok again the room was different, speakers not located properly and so on. 
Anyway I really liked the pairing and Sam just did a good job with the bass.. They have top monos from air tight, so I will come one day to compare my d with them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia

Messages In This Thread
Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 04-Apr-2019, 13:32
RE: Does Devialet produce "alive" music? - by Alve - 08-Apr-2019, 06:50