Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone tried the Reactors in stereo yet?
(05-Apr-2019, 09:20)booshtukka Wrote: I’m considering getting a pair. If they run with low latency and sound good, they’d be better for a TV setup than Golds. There’s no pretty stands though, right?

I know I can run a pair of golds in optical direct mode by hacking together a series’s if boxes, but I have better things to do than fix Devialet’s apathy.

I bought a second reactor recently when I heard that the new Devialet app for stereo reactors was out, and they work perfectly as a stereo pair. The set up is very simple with the new Devialet app for the reactor, and when paired they appear as a single device that you name as you wish. Once paired, you can see the paired device in Spotify connect or in any app with airplay enabled, like Apple Itunes, or even an internet radio app like ABC lounge radio. Once paired in stereo they sound just as good as a phantom pair (I have the phantom golds), even in a large room, and in a small room like a study or a bedroom they will sound better than the Phantoms, provided they are not too close to a corner or the back wall (too much bass). They will also sound great at a lower volume and from a short distance (like on a desk), without any loss of bass output or audio details. Plus they are much easier to use than the phantoms because of the touch dials on top : you don't need to reach for the smartphone to stop the music or lower the volume. On top of this you don't have to bother with the extra dialog box that must be plugged directly to your router for the phantoms to work as a stereo pair. However I experienced a few disconnections. The problem is generally solved by unplugging and replugging both reactors on the same power strip. And they are much easier to carry around the house or even to carry to a second home on vacation than the big phantoms. And there is an option to shorten the audio latency in the new Devialet app, which is great to use with your TV with the optical cable connection.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone tried the Reactors in stereo yet? - by eniriop - 13-May-2019, 04:33