Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone tried the Reactors in stereo yet?
(15-May-2019, 18:25)Mr_Bill Wrote: Eniriop

The Reactors in a stereo pair sound as good as your Phantom Golds?  Wow!

When played side by side in the same room at the same level, it is hard to tell the difference. The sound of the gold is a tad "fuller", but the medium band seems less present than in the reactors (the voices for example seem further away from you, but the saxophone has more "body" in the phantom golds) . Otherwise it is typically the same kind of sound, very close to my old system with a tube amp (2A3) and huge horn speakers with double bass drivers: the same warm and velvety sound from low bass to high treble, never agressive or tiring. I add that in a small room the reactors sound even small similar to what the gold sound in a large room, a bit bass heavy but in the good sense since this bass is not mushy but shows more muscle than fat. In my opinion the reactors are the true breakthrough in terms of price to quality ratio and ease of use. Too bad they release the mono version first, as they were reviewed as just another small bluetooth device. In stereo is just another dimension...
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone tried the Reactors in stereo yet? - by eniriop - 23-May-2019, 01:25