Poll: Is your listening room acoustically treated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have a dedicated, professionally treated room
1.92%
2 1.92%
I have a dedicated room I treated myself
13.46%
14 13.46%
I listen in the living room but it's well treated
14.42%
15 14.42%
I listen in the living room and it has no room treatment but it sound ok because of all the stuff in it
49.04%
51 49.04%
I listen in a living room that sounds pretty ordinary
21.15%
22 21.15%
Total 104 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is your listening room acoustically treated?
(18-Feb-2021, 10:13)Pim Wrote: Easy to hear the improvement in the highs, even on my phone. Most of the improvement would be in the bass though and to hear that you would have to be in the room.

It definitely shows how important the room is. It can really make or break a system. I know because I'm dealing with it daily.

I listened to the clip on headphones.  I would agree that it is easy to hear the improvement in the highs.  In fact, this is why I particularly liked this video, you can very easily hear the difference and improvements right the way through the entire frequency range.  The obvious effect is the "deadening" of the sound, or removal of the room echo if you like.  This I would expect, but what really struck me is some of the mid-range stuff, where to my ears the system in the treated room sounds like it has has a significant amount of distortion removed.  In some threads we discuss distortion levels of 0.0018% versus 0.00026% or whatever (which is all good fun), but this is on another level I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is your listening room acoustically treated? - by Confused - 18-Feb-2021, 18:02