Poll: Is your listening room acoustically treated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I have a dedicated, professionally treated room
1.92%
2 1.92%
I have a dedicated room I treated myself
13.46%
14 13.46%
I listen in the living room but it's well treated
14.42%
15 14.42%
I listen in the living room and it has no room treatment but it sound ok because of all the stuff in it
49.04%
51 49.04%
I listen in a living room that sounds pretty ordinary
21.15%
22 21.15%
Total 104 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is your listening room acoustically treated?
(24-Apr-2019, 20:53)David A Wrote: Since you mentioned Jim Smith however, take a look at the final item in his Quarter Notes Volume 2 Issue 1 from early 2010. That recommendation is a shameless personal plug and some of my ideas have changed since then but it does discuss things you can do to treat a room without going out and buying acoustic treatments.

Thank you for the tips @David A

I will look up the Quarter Notes ...  Smile

"the better your starting point the less you have to "correct" and the better the result will be so getting the room setup as good as possible should always be your first priority".

I have always believed in this and continue to fine-tune my setup in an otherwise extremely difficult room that is square in dimensions with low ceilings & differing ceiling heights. Its quite a challenge.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is your listening room acoustically treated? - by audio_engr - 25-Apr-2019, 02:11