Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get a Nuc+Roon or anything else?
@David A is correct.... you have a lot of options but don't let it confuse you. With Devialet and Roon, there is a simple and expedient path to start with. The Devialet has an excellent DAC so I would absolutely go with that. This is one of the primary strengths with Devialet. If you like Roon (and I think it's a match made in heaven with Devialet), then go with Roon AIR via ethernet to start. It's simple, it works and it sound great. I personally run Roon under Win 10 on a PC, but my next step will be to buy a NUC and use ROCK. That seems like an excellent choice that should also be simple to get up and running.

If you go with a NUC and place it close to your Devialet, then deciding on ethernet or USB will be an easy comparison to make. But if you prefer to locate your NUC elsewhere (e.g. close to your router in another room perhaps), then Roon AIR via ethernet will likely prove to be the easiest and best choice.

Of course, once you get it working and get a sense of what it sounds like (your room, your speakers, your music, your ears ;-), then you can consider alternate approaches.

Enjoy!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I get a Nuc+Roon or anything else? - by mdconnelly - 23-Apr-2019, 02:25