Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet db flashing in red - what does it means?
(26-Apr-2019, 13:31)David A Wrote: If you're using the high level speaker cable connection the REL shouldn't make a difference. The REL is not a heavy load, it only draws a small signal because it uses it's own internal amp. Although it's connected to the speaker outputs of the Devialet, the Devialet amp isn't really driving the REL.

You say your volume setting is "around 15 dB". Is that +15 dB or -15 dB. -15 dB shouldn't be an issue but +15 dB is good grounds to believe the amp is clipping.

You say you're playing Spotify connect. What device is the amp getting the signal from? Is there a digital volume control on that device? A volume setting of +15 dB should normally be very loud so if it isn't sounding lout to you and you haven't seen the clipping indication before, I'm wondering whether the device passing the signal to the Devialet has a volume control operating and that volume control is turned down a fair bit so you're increasing the volume setting of the Devialet to compensate. If that's the case the solution is to turn the volume control in the source device off if you can and stream a full strength signal to the Devialet (preferred option) or to turn the volume to max on the source device (not the preferred option because if the volume control on the source device gets turned down again, someone is likely to turn the volume on the Devialet up again and drive it i not clipping which can damage your speakers).

Hi David,

Sorry it’s -15db to -10db. I was running Spotify on my iPad and choose D1000Pro as speaker, so I assume Devialet is streaming directly from Spotify. The dB icon is flashing. It is very loud but not extremely loud, it will damage my speaker?

Messages In This Thread
Devialet db flashing in red - what does it means? - by PeppaPig - 26-Apr-2019, 14:54