Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
I've used Roon RAAT with a gigabit connection without problems ever since we got the Roon Ready update. In that time I've tried 3 different connection gigabit connection methods, one using a Netgear GS105 switch to connect my Nucleus+ to my 140, one where I replaced the switch with an Orbi satellite, and my current method where I connect the 140 directly to the Nucleus+ ethernet connection with manual IP addresses and connect the Nucleus+ to my network using a separate ethernet connection via a USB3 to gigabit ethernet adapter. I had no problems with any of those connection methods.

Not everyone gets the "audio file is loading slowly" problem and I'm actually not certain that most people get the problem with a gigabit connection. Some definitely do and some definitely don't.

But in any event, reading @NickB signature which contains system details, it appears he's using Roon AIR which doesn't get the problem.

And while I would not want to read too much into it, in the poll on whether people preferred Roon RAAT or Roon AIR, more people who responded preferred Roon RAAT to Roon AIR. I can't imaging the people who preferred Roon RAAT, of whom I was one, would have expressed that preference if they were getting the problem which is one of the reasons whether I wonder whether a majority of people who try using RAAT with gigabit connections run into the problem. The big problem with interpreting the poll result in this context is that there were only around 40-50 responses which is a relatively small sample so I'm reluctant to draw conclusions from it and the survey did not ask whether people were using a wired or wifi connection to their Devialet which would also make a difference in how we interpret that response but the fact that there was a preference for RAAT does seem to suggest that there are people using it successfully without problems.

I certainly agree that it would be good to ask Mathieu about the problem to see if we can get some answers on it for those with the problem.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by David A - 23-May-2019, 20:53