Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jun-2019, 10:29)thumb5 Wrote: @Confused - there's a white paper here about the Active X-Over (crossover) design.  It looks to me as though it's what Devialet have already demonstrated with some of their big multi-driver set-ups.

As you surmised, the picture is a re-worked version of a previous photo of the CI.

Thanks!  To quote the white paper "AXD (Active X-over Design) combines the endless possibilities of Devialet Expert Pro DSP (Digital Signal Processor)".  I recall Mathieu Pernot explaining how this could be used to exactly match the characteristics of a speaker manufacturer's theoretically perfect cross over, something that cannot be done with electronics in a passive cross over.   OK - The possibilities might be "endless", but other than AXD, they have not really started yet.

This perhaps leads to another question for your list; Other than the existing Active X crossover, what else is planned for the Devialet Expert Pro DSP?

As I mentioned in a past post, I would like the internal DSP to include an "anti-clinical" feature, maybe adding a touch of harmonic distortion to "warm up" some of thin sounding recording that exist, particularly on earlier CD's.  You could have a variety DSP selections to suit every genre and every form of dodgy mastering.  I am not sure how Mathieu Pernot would react to that one though!  I love the idea of reviewers stating that an Expert Pro sounds very accurate, but maybe a little cold and clinical in comparison with some rivals, but when selecting the harmonic distortion DSP, it sounds warm, organic and extracts the emotion from the music, much better.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Confused - 23-Jun-2019, 11:47