Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jun-2019, 11:47)Confused Wrote: ...
OK - The possibilities might be "endless", but other than AXD, they have not really started yet.

Ha ha - never a truer word!

(23-Jun-2019, 11:47)Confused Wrote: This perhaps leads to another question for your list; Other than the existing Active X crossover, what else is planned for the Devialet Expert Pro DSP?

As I mentioned in a past post, I would like the internal DSP to include an "anti-clinical" feature, maybe adding a touch of harmonic distortion to "warm up" some of thin sounding recording that exist, particularly on earlier CD's.  You could have a variety DSP selections to suit every genre and every form of dodgy mastering.  I am not sure how Mathieu Pernot would react to that one though!  I love the idea of reviewers stating that an Expert Pro sounds very accurate, but maybe a little cold and clinical in comparison with some rivals, but when selecting the harmonic distortion DSP, it sounds warm, organic and extracts the emotion from the music, much better.

Well, I can certainly add this to the list.  My guess is that this might fall into the same bag as room correction: it would be great in principle but "too much like hard work" (my words of course).

That said, if Devialet would adopt @ogs's excellent suggestion of implementing a "digital effects loop" one could plug in external DSP boxes to achieve this effect.  I realise this might be a sad waste of the DSP capabilities of the CI, of course...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by thumb5 - 23-Jun-2019, 12:21