Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
NOTE: this post is no longer updated; follow this link for updates.

Questions for Mathieu from the forum, in no particular order:

0) What's the roadmap for the Expert series?  What do Devialet have planned to use the capabilities of the CI more fully?

1) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the problems with Roon (RAAT) over Gb Ethernet?

2) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the problems (with the configurator?) that can cause high-volume distortion when SAM is enabled?  See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-DOS-2-2-4.

3) What's the schedule for completing full internally-hosted configuration (this was said to be on the schedule last summer, next priority after Roon Ready support)?

4) It would be very helpful to have a digital "effects loop" i.e. digital output from the selected input, looped through a digital processor to digital input to the ADH section.  For example this would allow room correction by external hardware, in the absence of RC done by the Expert's DSP.  Please comment on the possibility of implementing that.

5) Apart from AXD, what other new capabilities/uses are planned for the Expert Pro's DSP?  (For example: room correction, parametric EQ.)

6) What plans are there to support MQA directly in the Expert?

7) Please confirm the R/C loading for both MM and MC cartridges in the 120 and 130 (not advanced) phono stage.

8) What's the status of an updated Devialet app (iphone, android, etc...) that provides all the display and full functionality of the Remote?

9) When is Airplay 2 coming, and any plans for Tidal native?

10) What's the current status of investigating/fixing the configurator problem whereby in dual mono configurations, some settings (balance, treble, bass) only take effect on the master, and not on the companion? See https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Bug-for-...-dual-mono.

11) What is finally the new team setup (many former people in charge of important roles left) and priority of Expert line within Devialet?

If I've missed anything or there are any "late entries", please let me know and I'll edit this post accordingly to try and keep it all in one place.

Thanks!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by thumb5 - 06-Jul-2019, 11:29