Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(08-Jul-2019, 20:15)thumb5 Wrote: OK, here's the latest list (making the previous version obsolete):

Questions for Mathieu from the forum, in no particular order:

15) What is the status/schedule of the native Qobuz support that was promised (last summer)?

I had a very informative chat with Mathieu last year at KJWestOne for about half an hour. We mainly discussed the Gilels edition and he kindly put one aside and I picked it up in Paris a few weeks later, with a few other discs. I was in their main Rue Reamur store and all the staff were buzzing about a new operating system and software around about now.

On the fibre optic point, most of the 25m from my modem to my server is fibre optic. Also have an access point, but it is not on the signal path. I use a direct ethernet link from Innous to 250 Pro CI. The sound is great and faultless operation. However, Devialet Support told me NOT to do it this way, to go via the router or USB. The former is noisy, the latter loses the benefit of auto-dtection.

If I unplug the ethernet cable, Roon plays wirelessly via the router.

Can you ask why they do not recommend a direct ethernet connection, or was it bad advice?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 16-Jul-2019, 23:43