Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(17-Jul-2019, 21:44)brit Wrote: it was very disappointing to hear that the Expert range was yet again taking the back seat in comparison to the Phantom/Reactor range, although those with Phantoms and Reactors should be happy(happier)?.
First, thanks for the report of this ‘becoming seldom event’ of direct contact with Devialet. As owner of Phantoms Silver and Golds since 2015 and 2017 respectively, I must say Phantoms owners still feel sitting on the back seat. The last firmware and software update for Premier Phantoms is from 08/07/17, i.e. more than 2years ago. Since then nothing, eagerly waiting for Roon RAAT integration, a fix of the noisy Airplay 1 integration, the not well working optical input on the Dialog etc. Indeed I would be happy when Devialet would spend some time on the Phantom premier Firmware. To me it looks like Devialet has made the transformation from a tech startup formerly enthusiastic to improve its products to an enterprise that sees sold systems and lines as cost factor to minimally support within its warranty period to comply with law. Anyway, both Phantom and Expert owners can in most cases sit back and enjoy great sound quality coming from their products.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by streamy - 17-Jul-2019, 22:47