Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(18-Jul-2019, 09:53)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 09:17)petrik Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 08:57)spater Wrote: Tidal and Qobuz integration won't happen as it takes ~2 years of development effort (each). By contrast, Spotify Connect took only 12 days to implement by Devialet

I still have a marketing email from Devialet (Jul 13, 2017) regarding upcoming features on the Core Infinity board:

[Image: CoreInfinity.PNG?dl=1]

This was said in 2017. How many of these numerous capabilities do we have today in 2019?

To be fair Roon RAAT integration wasn't in that CI email. Given their "limited" resources it made a lot of sense for them to focus on Roon and effectively outsource the control point side of things.

I do appreciate however that many will be disappointed by the lack of native support for Qobuz and other services, especially if these were promised.

Guillaume

Fair points Guillaume. I agree that the Roon decision was a really good one. Hopefully they will get the gigabit network issue fixed in 2019.

Resourcing is much about prioritization and to me it sounds like that Devialet prioritizes the Phantom as the number 1 now. And yes,
 it's certainly a good thing that Phantom product line is going to get something nice. I'm just wishing that Devialet would fulfil the promises that they had given. It's just not right to "sell" Core Infinity upgrades based on features that they are not going to do.

I'll continue enjoying the Devialet Expert Pro sound quality and I'm eagerly waiting for to try running HAF filters inside my Devialet! Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by petrik - 18-Jul-2019, 11:06