Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(18-Jul-2019, 18:32)NickB Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 18:00)mdconnelly Wrote: A big thank you to those that spent the time attending the event, conveying the questions and documenting Mr. Pernot's responses.

With that said, I find this disheartening and makes little sense given all the effort that went into creating the Expert Pro and the CI integration. 

With respect to his comments on the Roon RAAT issue.... IMHO, that is a lame response that conveys that they simply are not willing to invest the resources to investigate the underlying issue.  Perhaps it is somehow related to router or network configuration, but surely there are more than enough people experiencing the problem that Devialet could reach out and broaden it's investigation to reproduce the problem, investigate the cause, and provide insight and hopefully a recommendation (if not a fix) to those of us experiencing it. 

His response that Roon has provided no assistance, while possible, is highly suspect.

So are you calling Mr Pernot a liar?

Hah!  @"NickB" - are you trying to stir up trouble?  Tongue    No, I do not believe he was intentionally attempting to deceive anyone.  His comments, taken as a whole, paint a very honest albeit disheartening picture of Devialet's ongoing commitment to the Expert Pro.   I was not there to hear what he had to say or the context of how and why he said what he did.  But I do find it difficult to understand how they could have worked with Roon to enable Roon RAAT in their latest firmware/OS and yet claim they had no assistance on trying to resolve this issue.   Perhaps he simply meant that Roon was not able to help troubleshoot the issue.  Perhaps, as stated in his early comments, Devialet was unable to devote resources to work with Roon on this topic.   Or perhaps it is exactly as he indicated.  ... But based in how it was reported here, it just seems that he managed to evade the issue without any real commitment to resolve it.   

I did see that someone posted Mr. Pernot's comment in the Roon forums so perhaps we'll hear more.   Bottom line, it can only get resolved when the right resources get applied.  It seems pretty clear that hasn't happened yet.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by mdconnelly - 18-Jul-2019, 19:37