Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(18-Jul-2019, 23:13)mdconnelly Wrote: Prior to purchasing my first Expert, I actually did hesitate about whether I wanted audio equipment that would evolve through firmware updates. My concern at that point was that it meant a long-term commitment by Devialet that would not likely be generating revenue. Still, I felt it sounded better than anything else I've heard including systems costing quite a bit more. When Devialet announced the Pro and CI integration I felt that a) my initial investment never did see much upgrades and b) here I was contemplating another significant investment. Yet it I jumped because I loved my Expert and figured the 220 (and later 440) would be even better. Surely once the CI integration was complete, we'd begin to see some real progress including the promised Roon RAAT along with other promised features.

And here we are... Hey, I still absolutely love the way my system sounds. Roon works fine via AIR and mostly fine with RAAT if I keep network speed down.

Will we ever see more significant upgrades? I'm not holding my breath and not making any more audio decisions that depend on it.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by no32 - 19-Jul-2019, 01:20