Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(19-Jul-2019, 04:57)Damon Wrote: Even so, one point that M. Pernot reportedly said does make sense to me; that the Expert Pro series is 'mature' and doesn't need much attention. 

I tend to disagree. And that's not to say that I'm unhappy with my Od'A because I very much am. But if Devialet want to keep selling Experts they have to get at least the configurator working properly. Right now you can buy just about any $1000.- integrated and it lets you program the inputs you want to use and cancel the others. If I were looking for an amp now, and the Expert felt like the half finished product that it is, I wouldn't be too comfortable that Devialet are on top of their software. As Mr. Pernot has stated is the case right now. 

At least with the old Expert you bought a product that could do certain things and not others. Now you buy a product that promises to do the world but nothing is finished. That's not a great business model if you ask me. They should have either left it as it was and not put the Pro out until it was fully developed or they should keep developing it to it's full potential.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Pim - 19-Jul-2019, 06:01