Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(19-Jul-2019, 04:57)Damon Wrote:
I don't understand the thirst for constant upgrades. Few manufactures promise it, which may be wise.

I don't think there's a thirst for constant upgrades. I think there's a thirst for upgrades which deliver what Devialet have promised and which work as they should. Devialet released the Expert Pro range over 3 years ago with the promise of a hardware upgrade and added functionality. They've delivered the hardware upgrade but there are still loose ends when it comes to delivering the software to provide all of the promised functionality. Now they've released the Reactor range without all of the functionality they're promising for it and with promises of upgrades to deliver additional features.

I think most people would be satisfied if they simply had everything they had been promised with their product and it was all working the way it should work. Devialet expect you to pay for your products when you buy them. If customers do that for Devialet, then Devialet should be delivering products which do what they say the product is intended to do and the customer shouldn't be left waiting for some things to be delivered over 3 years down the track because it's over 3 years now since the Expert Pro range was released and while we've got the hardware upgrade we still don't have all of the promised functionality and some of the functionality we've got doesn't work as it should for some people.

It's not unreasonable to ask for what was promised, to hope to get it in a timely manner and 3 years for Expert Pro owners isn't timely, and it's not unreasonable to expect that it will work the way it should. We don't want constant upgrades, we just want an upgrade that delivers everything that is still outstanding in the promises. 

And one thing I don't want to see, even though I don't own a Reactor, is for Reactor owners to be in the same situation I'm in over 3 years after I bought my Expert Pro still waiting on updates to deliver the things still outstanding and fix the things that aren't working quite right.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by David A - 19-Jul-2019, 08:07