Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
I don't completely agree with the suggestion that a system is always bought for what it does now, as when I bought my Expert Pro I did so with the new Core Infinity streaming card as part of the package, when it was ready. That was in December 2016. The streaming card was installed the following year but it was only in February 2019 that the operating system and firmware became, in my experience, flawless.

We were promised a new app and then a universal app including Expert. We are now told that there is a universal app in the pipeline, but initially it will not operate Expert. Will it ever? I was also sold on having native Qobuz, which was promised from September 2016, and it now appears may never happen.

I'm sure I could think of or two other things to complain about, but it is all irrelevant because I've never had any problems playing music into my system, whether with an external streamer, upnp player or plain old usb. Ever since Qobuz became integrated into Roon, all problems have been solved. If I wanted an integrated Devialet controller, it would probably be almost identical to the Roon app, which I have, so I really do not need Devialet to do their own app anymore.

Mathieu did say that the reason why they have not been able to resolve some people's network issues is because they have not been able to replicate the problem. It is therefore very difficult to know what more they can do. I have operated my system using ethernet, fibre-optic, wireless, and Air, without any problems.

As several people have said, what really matters is the sound, which is superb, not least the phono stage. I too will be getting back to listening to some Bach as soon as I can.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 19-Jul-2019, 13:30