Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
I have sympathy with much of what has been said - and thanks to those who gave detailed reports and especially Mr Thumb for the pre-prepared questions which did at least produce written answers from Devialet albeit generally negative and otherwise light on detail.

I am almost entirely happy with my 1000Pro (OdA) - I still think it is way better than any alternatives - and my disappointment has been the promising, the unbelievable overpromising, the underdelivering and the lack of communication. Not the way to run a business.

When Sannie exited and the new CEO arrived, there was the opportunity to say that the Expert was approaching maturity and to define the truncated roadmap and do at least one communication. Instead we got the Joachim presentation at Munich which tempered the promises slightly and promised communication. Now we have neither and, I suspect, Mathieu and Alexandre were told to say as little as possible, hence the silence early on in the presentation when everyone expected Devialet to lead with the pre-prepared questions and answers.

So that event was a bit of a washout in terms of the presentations - Mathieu is much happier and open in one to one conversations which almost makes me think that he is issued with instructions before leaving Paris. 

Even the presentation positive bits - that Mathieu himself gets involved on all technical tickets and that if you really want SAM for an unSAMmed speaker they will do it for you at home (I think) - were downplayed.

And nothing on other stuff they are doing outside the convention hifi arena. Just a bit on Reactor which was the questionable reason for everything else not happening.

I expect the new CEO is being told by investors to turn this into a cash-generative business following Sannie spending lots and delivering little. One never hears of Calmel being mentioned at all.

Luckily we have a great product - but in terms of the expectations that Devialetchat members have, I suspect we may as well forget it. I just hope that Mathieu stays with Devialet as I think he is a good guy who may have suffered from moving from the support of a technical boss to the imposition of different demands from a finance guy.

Thanks to Jon and OAC for what is still a welcome event.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by IanG-UK - 20-Jul-2019, 10:38