Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
Great post IanG-UK, even though I didn't attend this event I was present at the Munich presentation in 2018.

Without wishing to regurgitate the details of my report back to the forum and subsequent discussions in that same thread, I will say that there was a great deal of (tempered) optimism after Joachim's presentation, which also featured some more technical input from Mathieu. There was a bit of a buzz in the room and Mathieu had been very proud to present the active 3K G1 Spirit setup. With a dedicated Expert business unit in place it seemed as though we could look forward to more developments, although I should add that Joachim was careful not to promise too much.

This enthusiasm seems in stark contrast to the picture presented by @thumb5 which seems to have been confirmed by most if not all present.

I was very sorry to hear from Joachim that he was leaving at the start of the year since it was obvious to me that this meant that he was not able to achieve his ambitions with the Expert line. In fact my understanding - not from speaking directly to Joachim, but rather from connecting with him on LinkedIn -  was that this "dedicated" unit was closed down in July 2018, so only a few months after Munich! It seems that from August onwards Joachim was working in a product marketing capability across a range of products that included Phantom Reactor and the Premier range.

I agree it would be a huge shame if Mathieu were to leave the company.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by GuillaumeB - 20-Jul-2019, 12:32