Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(21-Jul-2019, 11:27)ssfas Wrote:

Anyone who thinks Devialet should not be focused on making new products that make money, but should be spending time and money on mature products that are still highly competitive has a strange concept of business.

Devialet promised the CI board upgrade and certain new functionality to purchasers of the Expert Pro range. The read me file with the last software update in February contained a list of outstanding functions still to be delivered and bugs yet to be fixed, and it deliverered Roon Ready which capability which does not work properly for everyone though there are workarounds and fixes that are more succesful for some people than for others. Whatever is causing that problem needs to be fixed as a part of normal customer service because the problem should not exist in the first place.

I think Devialet has an obligation to finish delivering the functionality they  promised to purchasers of the Expert Pro range and fixing the problems currently present in their firmware. Yes, that will take time and money on their part but the cost of the promised functionality and customer service would  have been factored into the cost of the products. Expecting a company to deliver everything promised for a product and to provide service including fixing problems in the firmware they provide doesn't involve having a strange concept of business, it's having a realistic concept of business because those things are part of the customer service Devialet owe Expert Pro owners and a business needs to be able to deliver customer service while it's also developing and selling new products.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by David A - 21-Jul-2019, 13:33