Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(21-Jul-2019, 22:13)ssfas Wrote: I've looked back at the replies and and the things that are not happening are:
1. Tidal or Qobuz onboard. No loss - Roon has them onboard and Roon's Qobuz isn't up to the quality of the Qobuz app. I agree it is a huge hassle and there are plenty ways of playing Tidal and Qobuz.
2. Config onboard (wireless control). The only things I might want to reset are the phono settings, and that can be done using the remote. Most people probably use the configurator and forget about it for months or years end. I don't see any benefit and I agree with Mathieu that having two ways of doing the same thing can only cause problems.
3. DSP. This is a nice idea but very difficult to implement anything useful. Auralic promised DSP onboard, but it never happened either. It is very speaker dependent, so probably wishful thinking.
4. Fixing internet problems that cannot be duplicated.

Everything promised should be delivered, software should work as intended and bugs should be fixed. Is that too much to ask? It doesn't matter whether you or I think it's useful or not, other people have different ideas to us and want things we don't want. If something was promised it should be delivered and the product should work as intended. Failure to do that breaches guarantees and consumer protection legislation. It's dishonest.

As for the Roon issue simply being a 3rd party hardware problem, consider this. My Devialet was way for 3 weeks recently for repair (the SD card reader stopped working). While it was away I streamed music to my home theatre setup in a different room. That setup includes an Oppo BD-105 which is Roon Ready. I streamed to it for 3 weeks over the same network using RAAT, including streaming 192/24 content which causes a problem with my Devialet, and I had no problems at all. Same network, same router, same switch at the server end which is also the switch the Devialet connects to, and an additional identical switch at the point where the Oppo connects. If RAAT works perfectly over the network with one Roon Ready endpoint and has a problem with another Roon Ready endpoint, then the odds are that the problem, or at least a significant part of it, is with the second Roon Ready endpoint and not with the third party hardware in the network.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by David A - 21-Jul-2019, 23:11