Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(21-Jul-2019, 22:13)ssfas Wrote: I've looked back at the replies and and the things that are not happening are:
1. Tidal or Qobuz onboard. No loss - Roon has them onboard and Roon's Qobuz isn't up to the quality of the Qobuz app. I agree it is a huge hassle and there are plenty ways of playing Tidal and Qobuz.
2. Config onboard (wireless control). The only things I might want to reset are the phono settings, and that can be done using the remote. Most people probably use the configurator and forget about it for months or years end. I don't see any benefit and I agree with Mathieu that having two ways of doing the same thing can only cause problems.
3. DSP. This is a nice idea but very difficult to implement anything useful. Auralic promised DSP onboard, but it never happened either. It is very speaker dependent, so probably wishful thinking.
4. Fixing internet problems that cannot be duplicated.

1. You missed Deezer, Bluetooth and Webradios that were promised in addition to Qobuz and Tidal. It's just not right to market / "sell" the Core Infinity upgrades based on these features that they are not going to implement.
2. If you don't have a need for this -> it doesn't mean that this wouldn't be a useful feature for other people. I think this would be a good feature since it's slightly annoying and old-fashioned to play with the memory cards.
4. What internet problems? All it takes 5 seconds to duplicate the issue on my network at gigabit speed. And yes, I have tried many different network configurations so far (with the help from Roon, Devialet and my dealer):
- Connecting all devices directly to the router
- Tried different routers (Cable company, Asus, Netgear, Apple Airport Extreme).
- Tried different settings on the routers
- Tried different unmanaged gigabit switches (D-Link, TP-Link, Netgear)
- Tried different Ethernet cables
None of these helped - All it takes a few seconds to play until the problems start. It's very easy to reproduce here in any configuration.

Devialet is the only device that is having problems on my network. Streaming to other Roon RAAT zones work perfectly fine.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by petrik - 22-Jul-2019, 06:14