Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(22-Jul-2019, 06:14)petrik Wrote:
(21-Jul-2019, 22:13)ssfas Wrote: I've looked back at the replies and and the things that are not happening are:
1. Tidal or Qobuz onboard. No loss - Roon has them onboard and Roon's Qobuz isn't up to the quality of the Qobuz app. I agree it is a huge hassle and there are plenty ways of playing Tidal and Qobuz.
2. Config onboard (wireless control). The only things I might want to reset are the phono settings, and that can be done using the remote. Most people probably use the configurator and forget about it for months or years end. I don't see any benefit and I agree with Mathieu that having two ways of doing the same thing can only cause problems.
3. DSP. This is a nice idea but very difficult to implement anything useful. Auralic promised DSP onboard, but it never happened either. It is very speaker dependent, so probably wishful thinking.
4. Fixing internet problems that cannot be duplicated.

1. You missed Deezer, Bluetooth and Webradios that were promised in addition to Qobuz and Tidal. It's just not right to market / "sell" the Core Infinity upgrades based on these features that they are not going to implement.
2. If you don't have a need for this -> it doesn't mean that this wouldn't be a useful feature for other people. I think this would be a good feature since it's slightly annoying and old-fashioned to play with the memory cards.
4. What internet problems? All it takes 5 seconds to duplicate the issue on my network at gigabit speed. And yes, I have tried many different network configurations so far (with the help from Roon, Devialet and my dealer):
- Connecting all devices directly to the router
- Tried different routers (Cable company, Asus, Netgear, Apple Airport Extreme).
- Tried different settings on the routers
- Tried different unmanaged gigabit switches (D-Link, TP-Link, Netgear)
- Tried different Ethernet cables
None of these helped - All it takes a few seconds to play until the problems start. It's very easy to reproduce here in any configuration.

Devialet is the only device that is having problems on my network. Streaming to other Roon RAAT zones work perfectly fine.

1. Never heard of Deezer. Bluetooth is still being promised. I do radio by Airplay from an iPad. There are a huge number of really good ways of playing radio, I use BBC iPlayer Radio.

2. The reason why several companies stick with SD cards, which are hardly redundant (all cameras use them) is because you can always revert to the stored online configuration. If you can program something two ways they will get out of sync and are people expecting direct wireless configuration to update the web configuration? That's a recipe for disaster. The SD card route is quick and effective and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

3. My system works fine wirelessly from the modem via an 8-port Netgear switch to an Asus RT-N66U router, then wireless, and the only setting I had to make was to set the Asus to access point mode. I then plug in an ethernet cable from my Roon server and it switches to playing wired. If I have the ethernet cable and the access point active when I power up the Expert it produces the slow play error. All I have to do is power it up with the ethernet cable disconnected, it sets up wireless, then plug in the ethernet cable and it switches to wired. This is all done in Roon Ready mode.

Have you done the most basic set-up: Asus router in access point mode using a local network, ethernet cable from modem to access point, Expert wireless settings for the local network in DHCP mode? The problem could of course also be with your modem. 

If that fails, have you tried taking it to a friend's house and doing a basic set-up using the Asus in access point mode on a different network? All you need is the Expert, the Asus, one ethernet cable and a phone to send some music by uPnP.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 23-Jul-2019, 14:03