Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jul-2019, 18:41)thumb5 Wrote:
(23-Jul-2019, 18:21)ssfas Wrote: Meanwhile, on the slow play error, I've solved it on my Expert Pro (it was s start-up issue) and it never occurs, but I just got it on my Aries Mini, twice on the same 24/96 file. That suggests it's more likely to be a Roon issue.

To be more precise, you haven't solved it but rather you've found a work-around that happens to stop it occurring in your set-up.

Actually I am connecting my Expert direct by ethernet from an Innuos Zen Mk3. Devialet support said that this is not recommended and may cause problems. It does because I get the slow play error if both wired and wireless attach at the same time when doing a fresh power up (i.e. plugging and plugging in). However, the direct route works if the ethernet cable is plugged in after powering up and there are no errors. So I am doing something that is not recommended, but it still works and it is no inconvenience as I rarely have to unplug (maybe once a month at most) and when I do I'm at the unit as it involves plugging and plugging the power cable. 

If I do what they recommend, just go wirelessly from the router, without the ethernet cable from the server to the Expert, it works flawlessly. Just power up and it plays perfectly for Roon Ready or any other source.

I am playing the same album that produced errors from Qobuz on Roon to Aries, but this time from Qobuz onboard the Aries. No errors. The Aries is wireless from the modem, about 2m away. The Roon server is hard wired to the modem, mostly fibre optic, and does not go through any switch. This strongly suggests the errors are coming from Roon.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by ssfas - 23-Jul-2019, 18:54