Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jul-2019, 20:34)Bwaze Wrote: Sounds pretty depressive to me:

Quote:Devialet acknowledged that they have not been focused on the Expert series for a while, and they have not made as much progress with it as they would have liked.  This is mainly because for the last couple of years their resources have been stretched to deliver the Reactor which was released last December.  They are looking to recruit more software engineers but it is not easy to find the right people.  This means it will be a while before significant resources are available to work on the Expert.

I can just say that I am glad not to spend money for a Pro and CI upgrade of my 200. Spent quite a bit of money for it in beginning of 2016. Shortly after that Devialet offered an upgrade to 220 Pro with CI for almost 3/4 of the value of my 200. That sounded just crazy to me, so I opted to wait if this new upgrade will work miracles...

More than three years later, and Pro models with CI look like an end of the line product just as much as my 200, with almost no major hardware or software benefits.

I am thinking of making backup configuration files for lots of different options, if Devialet someday decides that supporting such an old product is not really worth it for them. I know all the permutations of all different options will make a very very large number of files, but I am simply not confident in Devialet's continued support.

@Bwaze - hindsight being what it is, I believe you made a very wise choice.    I'm also a bit concerned with dependence upon the Devialet website to forever provide access to the configurator
.  Surely they must have the config files documented somewhere.... Anyone ever see anything like that?    That would at least provide an ability to modify the config files outside of dependence on the Devialet website configurator.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by mdconnelly - 23-Jul-2019, 21:22