Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
I am going to slip in here with a slightly random question re the OAC event.  Does anyone here know the name of the Steely Dan track that was played during the "session 2" comparison of amplifiers?  (The track that was almost funky, but not quite)

Regarding the comments re the troubles with Roon RAAT, I tried a little experiment recently.  I now find that CI RAAT works fine, unless I play 24/192 files, where I get regular stuttering.  Is this the router, the switch, something else?  What's wrong with my network?  OK, I then switch from the Devialet CI RAAT, to Roon RAAT mode on my sMS-200Ultra.  Select a 24/192 album, it plays for over an hour with zero issues.  OK - My network is fine after all, it must be a Devialet issue.  I then switch my sMS-200Ultra to 100BASE-T mode, Roon RAAT stutters with 16/44.1 material, which happens to work just fine with Devialet CI RAAT.  Ummm, confusing......

If someone can explain all this, then we might be getting somewhere. 

I have to say that I find some of the comments on this issue very similar to those that we had in the era when Devialet AIR suffered periodic blasts of white noise.  Those that did not have the issue would post that those that did needed to sort out their network issues.  A case of "it works fine on my network, clearly you have a problem with yours."  In the end it turned out that the issue was related to legacy clock systems in Windows that would gradually run out of sync, so some specific PC setups would trigger the issue, others would not.  It had very little or nothing to do with specific network set ups.  It could be the case that actual issue is a very subtle interaction somewhere, which might be very difficult to correctly identify.

As a final thought, considering the many years that I suffered with Devialet AIR stuttering, dropping out or giving me blasts of white noise, it is kind of ironic that AIR now works fine but RAAT has a few bugs.  What is it with streaming audio? Huh
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Confused - 24-Jul-2019, 13:15