Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
@Confused

Can't help with your Steely Dan question since I wasn't there.

Re the rest: It's the inconsistencies with this problem that make it difficult. I know nothing about networks or digital processing but I did study formal logic at one time in my misspent youth and I learnt how to analyse issues and work out what the problem is. With all of the reports we've had you can come up with examples to support any particular cause you want to claim, and other examples to disprove that particular cause. Some people are saying it's one thing, some are saying it's another. I have no idea what the cause is but I seriously doubt the cause is at Roon's end. My guess is that it's at Devialet's end since Devialet's have the problem and other Roon Ready endpoints don't but network issues could be part of it.

I do think the cause, whatever it is, is going to be found and fixed but I also think it's going to take time. It's obviously not something simple or it would already have been identified. Devialet are giving Expert Pro things a low priority and they seem to be giving this issue a low priority, and that doesn't help. We shouldn't hold our breath while waiting.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by David A - 24-Jul-2019, 21:34