Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(25-Jul-2019, 23:10)mdconnelly Wrote: With all the praise and accolades Devialet has garnered for the Expert/Expert Pro products over the last few years, I struggle to understand why they would set aside their flagship product at this time.  The skill and unique design that went into the Expert gave them a name and high credibility in the audio community.  I would think that with strong support and marketing effort, there would be a much bigger market to capture.  So, I totally agree with @IanG-UK - it is all rather odd. (but then, perhaps that's why I've always been an engineer and not in sales & marketing ;-)
It's pretty clear that Devialet is using its significant luxury group investments to cast a wider net in the consumer audio space.  Regrettably, the Expert/Expert Pro series is too niche for the bean counters, thus the lack of serious intent in improving it.  On the other hand, I do appreciate that Devialet went the Pro series route with streaming board.  That may be the last serious improvement we'll see.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Flashman - 26-Jul-2019, 12:34