Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(27-Jul-2019, 09:15)NickB Wrote: Its funny that nowadays everything has to be done by return of email.

The continued silence from Roon support seems a little odd don't you think.
Nick - I tend to agree.  I think Roon are masters of communication and managing the message that Roon are wonderful and are doing everything the right way.  Devialet are by comparison very poor at doing this.  So it is slightly ironic that Devialet AIR now seams to be working fine for almost everyone, whereas Roon RAAT is problematic and buggy for some, and not just Devialet users.

And whilst I'm here.....

@IanG-UK - I am a little puzzled by your post #158.  I agree with the sentiment re a lack of enthusiasm from the Devialet attendees, this was hard to miss.  However, I got the general impression that OAC remained very upbeat about everything Expert Pro.  Alasdair performed a very slick and enthusiastic run though during the second Devialet model demonstration, and later in the day I was chatting with Jon and Mathieu, and Jon seamed very upbeat about things.  So I left with a positive feeling from OAC, if less so from Devialet themselves.  I am wondering if there was something I missed in the first 15 minutes of the initial presentation?  I did arrive a little late and missed the very first bit.  I am not quite sure what you were trying to say?

And also whilst I am here.....

Does anyone here know the name of the Steely Dan track that was played during the "session 2" comparison of amplifiers?  I asked this earlier in the week (post #148), and it seams not.

I will sign off by referring to @GuillaumeB's post #155.  Wise words from Guillaume, and this reminded me almost exactly of what was being explained in a conversation between Ian (Thumb5), Mathieu Pernot and myself later in the day.  This issue appears to be very real and damaging, and I think can in part explain a lot of the audio software related issues we are seeing currently, not just with Devialet but elsewhere.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by Confused - 27-Jul-2019, 10:40